Magic Law is a type of magic where ghosts that have committed crimes are judged and then sentenced.
Magic Law AssociationEdit
The main headquarters of Magic Law is located somewhere in the mountains in Nagano Prefecture, Japan. The Magic Law Association bought the mountains and established several offices, creating a town. Located here is the Magic Law School, where the young are trained to become Magic Law practitioners. Children from all over the world come here to learn Magic Law.
If a ghost commits a crime, such as attacking a human, possession, and haunting, then the ghost is to be judged by an Executor. When the Executor decides on whether the ghost will go to heaven, hell, or the river Styx, he/she will summon an Envoy to subdue the ghost and take it to wherever it has been sentenced to.
If the ghost is more belligerent than others, it can be subdued with Artifacts, such as Wards.
In Magic Law, there is a hierarchical system. Certain ranks can use certain artifacts and other forms of Magic Law. From highest to lowest:
- Executor: The highest rank that can be obtained in Magic Law. It is the only rank that is allowed to sentence ghosts. Known Executors include: Toru Muhyo, Futaro Mitani, Daranimaru Goryo, Harumi Busujima, and Page Klaus.
- Judge: The second highest rank and the only rank allowed to use Ward Circles. Known Judges include: Yoichi Himukai and Hanao Ebisu.
- Assistant Judge: The third highest rank. Known assistant judges include: Ginji Sugakiya.
- First Clerk: The fourth highest rank. Known first clerks include: Jiro Kusano (provisional).
- Second Clerk: The lowest rank. Known second clerks include: Umekichi Sasanoha.
- Magic Law Article 142: "Unsolicited Mass Emission of Spirit Energy"
- Magic Law Article 224: "Unsolicited Object Spectralization"
- Magic Law Article 383: "Unlawful Entry to a Residence" and "Attempted Bodily Harm"
- Magic Law Article 701: "Unsolicited Posterior Appearance"
- Magic Law Article 741: "Unlawful Parasitization of an Object" and "Attempted Human Consumption"
- Magic Law Article 881: "Unauthorized Human Parasitization"
- Magic Law Article 884: "Unsolicited Animal Spirit Parasitism"
- Magic Law Article 1212: "Mass Vampirism"
- Magic Law Article 1624: "Attempted Murder"
- Magic Law Article 1742: "Attempted Mass Murder" and "Unsolicited Object Parasitism"
- Magic Law: Obstruction of Magical Law
- Clause 11: Anesthetic Needle - creates magical needles that hit and put target to sleep.
- Clause 82: Silver Armor - a silver aura that surrounds the desired target and protect it from spirits.
- Death by Exorcism: a light based attack that hits and explodes, exorcising the spirit. Muhyo uses it on crime punishment for Article 884.
- Hades's Banquet: Hades eyes, nose and mouth appear on the ground, swallowing the spirit. His mouth is directly connected to Hell. If he swallows something he doesn't like (like a human), he spits it back. His saliva reduces spirit energy. Muhyo uses it as crime punishment for Article 224.
- Rose Garden: Thorns come out and take the spirit to Hades' Garden. Muhyo uses it as crime punishment for Article 881.
- Shadow of Hades: Big shadow with multiple eyes appear and takes the spirit away. Muhyo uses it as crime punishment for Article 741.
- Imprisonment in Hell's Cell: a sphere prison with multiple eyes that binds the spirit arms and head. Muhyo uses it as crime punishment on Article 1212.
- Hell's Iron Soldiers: three iron soldiers with big gun as arms, can shoot the spirit. Muhyo uses it for crime punishment on Article 383.
- Crossing the Styx: two spirits with vertical eyes take the spirit with their both to the Underworld. Punishment is usually for spirits guilty of minor crimes. After atoning their crimes in the Underworld, they can go to Heaven. Muhyo uses it on crime punishment for Article 701.
- Beelzebub's Treasure Chest: a large chest with gold ornaments and teeth eats the spirit. Muhyo uses it on crime punishment for Article 142.
- The Devil's Hammer: a large hand holding a hammer smashes the spirit, turning him into Hell's soil. Muhyo uses it on crime punishment for Article 1624.
- Hell Train: a train from Hell comes out of the grand and ghostly-purple hands grabs the spirit and takes it with it back to Hell. Muhyo uses it on crime punishment for Article 1742.